B.Ed., B.S.PE., M.S., R.T.C., M.T.C.
Registered Therapeutic Counsellor
- Are you feeling lonely and misunderstood?
- Do you feel like you have no one to talk to?
- Are you feeling anxious, have a hard time trusting others, or generally feeling hurt?
- Does your life seem out of control?
There is hope!
- You can feel connected and empowered.
- You can release distress and find enjoyment.
- You can learn strategies that put you in the driver’s seat in your life.
The joy, peace, intimacy, passion, and commitment that you want in your life is already within your reach when you take this first step of seeking counselling. I will help you access your own (often hidden) strengths to promote healing and transformation in your journey towards wholeness, authenticity, and genuine positive relationships.
I will walk collaboratively with you on your journey of discovery and change, empowering you to transform your life challenges into opportunities. My aim is to be sensitive to your needs and goals. I will help you learn to manage your emotions, so that you can regain a sense of control in your life.
Therapy is an investment in yourself. It is a place to gain perspective, clarity and peace of mind. As a counsellor, my aim is to help you become free from recurring patterns that are holding you back. It is time to develop the inner resilience that will help you withstand any emotional distress.
Approach to Counselling
I believe in an eclectic, solution-focused approach to counseling, helping you get from where you are to where you want to be. I used short-term, client-centered counselling, with empathy and caring. I create a safe environment to explore your issues. Together we will build a helping relationship, assess your concerns, set goals and come up with a plan to help you reach your desired results. Many of my clients have expressed an appreciation of my practical style of working and communicating. I hope my calm and caring manner may help you as we work together to create solutions to your challenges.
Specialties in counselling
- Self-Esteem / Self Growth
- Anger Management
- Bereavement Grief
- Diet / Nutrition
- Depression & Anxiety
- Stress Management
- Parenting Support
- Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Divorce / Separation
- Couples / Relationship
- Crisis Intervention
- Grief Counselling
- Educational Counselling
- Addiction / Substance Abuse Counselling
- Crisis Intervention Counselling
- Marriage & Family Counselling
Types of Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural
- Elderly and Aging
- Marriage / Couples
- Child & Youth